Elvis' fiancee: Heartbreaking last conversation and the 'secret thing' they did in private

 ABOUT POST 

Elvis Presley died suddenly at home in Graceland on August 16, 1977, with his fiancée Ginger Alden in the next room.

After a succession of girlfriends before, during and after his marriage to Priscilla, Ginger was the first one he proposed to.

She has beautifully described their time together, denouncing the popular image of a sad and declining idol, including their very last conversation just hours before he died.

The King had proposed to her on January 26, 1977, with a spectaculatr huge diamond ring.

When no stone big enough could be found fast enough, he had the eleven and a half carat diamond removed from his own TCB ring.

The King's fiancée, who wrote about their time together in her book Elvis and Ginger, said: "On the day he proposed, he said: 'Ginger, I’ve been searching for love so long, and never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would find it in my own backyard. I’ve been 60% happy and 40% happy, but never 100%. I’ve loved before but I’ve never been in love. Ginger, I’m asking you, will you marry me?'

"Elvis brought his hand out from around his back. In it was a small, green velvet box. Nearly overcome by emotion, my voice quavered. 'Yes,' I managed.

"Our relationship had been so intense, as if he wanted me to know almost everything about him in a short time. I felt I’d found my soulmate. My hand was shaking as we kissed and stepped out of the bathroom into the bedroom. My hand was still trembling as he kept lifting it to look at the ring saying, ‘oh boy.'”

I'm

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post