... But what am I?' Pee-wee Herman creator Paul Reubens dies at 70

 ABOUT POST 

Pee-wee Herman, the comic creation of actor/writer Paul Reubens, would often toss taunts of the schoolyard into his casual conversation. It was one of the character's go-to bits.

"Why don't you take a picture? It'll last longer!"

"That's my name! Don't wear it out!"

And, most iconically,

"I know you are, but what am I?"

Of course, when it came to Pee-wee himself, with his tight gray suit, red bow tie, crew cut, rouged cheekbones and ruby-red lips, "What am I?" was the real question – it was the one he posed merely by existing.

Reubens died Sunday of cancer at the age of 70. He was an actor – but for a long time, he tried to convince the public that Pee-wee was a real person, not a character.

WATCH HERE

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post