Paul Reubens, Pee-wee Herman Actor, Dies at 70 After Private Bout of Cancer

 ABOUT POST 


Paul Reubens, the actor best known for portraying the irrepressible, joyfully childlike Pee-wee Herman, died Sunday night after a private bout of cancer. He was 70.

“Please accept my apology for not going public with what I’ve been facing the last six years,” wrote Reubens in a statement posted to Instagram after his death. “I have always felt a huge amount of love and respect from my friends, fans and supporters. I have loved you all so much and enjoyed making art for you.”

The Pee-wee Herman character was known for his bright red bowtie, grey suit and flattop haircut, and delivered his well-known catchphrases like “I know you are, but what am I?” in a distinctive squeaky, high-pitched voice.

WATCH HERE

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post